Just a fleeting thought….
I have been doing some thought to Vlogging, which is a mix between video and blogging. However, I have been a bit hesitant in this for a number of reasons:
- I am not a big fan of my own voice. I get told all the time I don’t sound my age. I have a feeling I would be made fun of for sounding too kid like.
- I tend to be soft spoken, except when I’m getting into myself when reading poetry or something gets me agitated. It depends on the level of agitation whether my voice gets louder (which means I just mainly needed to get my stem off) or even softer (which means it has impacted me greatly).
- I have seen some very good looking Vloggers; do I have to look like a fashion model each time I’m vlogging? Or can I afford to have some off days?
- What if I get to rambling? It does happen to me from time to time—where I start off on topic, then I start digressing, giving dissertations off the digress, and next thing you know, it can be like, “What was her original topic again?”
So for those of you who vlog a lot, I have questions:
- What made you decide to vlog?
- Are most of your vlogs on a certain topic?
- Do you practice what you’re going to say or do you just wing it?
- What’s the best web cam to use for vlogging?
- What audio software do you use for sound and editing?
- If you edit your vlogs, what video software is userfriendly?
- Do you set a time limit for your vlogs, so you don’t lose your audience?
- Do you get focused on looking your best or is what you see what you get?
- If you are one that does both, does vlogging take the place of regular blogging or is it in additional to the regular blogging?
The feedback will definitely be appreciated and will help me make a decision as to whether I will do it in the future or not.