23. Things began to look up for this month. A job the Sweetie had applied for many months ago called him up to do an interview. All went well, and now he's back to the grind, locally.
24. I was invited to be a part of All Authors Magazine. I have a column on there, entitled "A Queen's Ramblings" and I also assist with editing from time to time.
25. With a heavy heart, I decided to officially cancel my Planet Fitness gym membership. Even though I had cut down other costs (like having actually TV service), there was still a bit of struggle. There were other bills to catch up on that has suffered when the job loss occurred. Plus, the doctor hadn't fully given the go ahead for me to resume exercising in the way that I wanted. I'll find other ways, I suppose, but I will definitely miss the structure that going to the gym gave me.
26. At this stage, I wasn't even able to afford going back to the doctor, but luckily I had enough of my medication to last me until the beginning of next year. He's going to have to find another alternative to my cholesterol medication because the other two he tried to put me on caused some very dangerous side effects, like my skin feeling like it's one fire (with one) and difficulty breathing (with the other one). I'd rather not be on anything at all in that case.
27. I had plans to see someone for the first time. I figured the car was in good enough shape to make the road trip, but inclement weather put that on pause. I would have rescheduled the trip but she was making the move to somewhere that would have taken a day and a half to travel to as opposed to seven hours, so I guess I'll have to wait a while longer.
28. Spaded Truths: Themes and Proclamations was relaunched. I'm so proud of the cover and am grateful for all of the feedback from the beta readers. My heart is a bit heavy to be retiring the original tomorrow, but it has served its time.
29. In addition, I've gotten more wonderful reviews on my previously published work: one on Eclectic: Beyond the Skin and the other on Reflections of Soul.
30. I've been getting some short story/novelette writing done, so Continuous Drips is well on its way with getting material for next year.
31. Although I'm trying to sign up for the Affordable Care Act (I don't like calling it "Obamacare"), the website has been giving me issues. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one but I wish they would have worked out all the bugs prior to launch.
32. One of my biggest bills finally got paid off this month. Woot! Woot!
33. I just recently finished my first extensive interview. I like it when a person wants to know beyond the typical questions.
Health: It started on an upswing but now is a bit stagnant. Although I haven't been exercising at the gym, I have been getting a bit of a workout doing stuff around the apartment and I've been staying on track on eating. Stress levels have been a bit wacky due to the events that had occurred from July until September.
Employment: No longer have two jobs, but I am definitely glad I'm not working for that other place anymore. The search for better employment still continues but no bites yet.
Love: Well, they always say the first year of marriage is the hardest. It has definitely been put to the test at almost seven months in. If we are made of that "tough stuff" (as my grandma would put it), then we will weather the storm of whatever challenges face us.
Friends: I've gained a few more friends and learned a lot more about networking. I'm also learning how to be more proactive in terms of reaching out more and letting people in. It's all right to let those closest to me know I'm not Superwoman, by any means, and that I, too, have a breaking point.
2013 had its moments, but I definitely experienced more good than bad. Becoming active again in writing (as well as getting back into sketching, reading, and designing) really helped me battle my bouts of depression pretty effectively. I'm not saying I didn't have my moments, but I didn't stay stuck in the muck for as long.
I look forward to seeing what 2014 has in store for me.
Peace and Happy upcoming New Year to all!