Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fit On Tracker: Progress Report 10

definitely went along with my mood
Date:  Saturday, September 1st, 2012
Time:  4:30-6:30 pm

Saturday was a pretty tough day.  It was tough emotional wise. It just gets to me sometimes that the side gig is run so shoddily.

I'm not saying that all the managers are like that, but the ones who have been there the longest seem to care about the organization the least.

Like for example, if you have been in a position of power for over 20 years, you should know which days you will need more staffing and when you will need more product.  You should know on Fridays and Saturdays, it will skew a bit busier because people are traveling for Labor Day weekend.  You should know it may be a bit quieter on Sundays because most people have already gotten to their destination but should pick back up on Monday due to people trying to get back on the road for work the next day.  Inventory orders should reflect that as well.

I don't have to be in power that long to know about trends.  Yet, the Lead in our department messed up the inventory order.  You mean to tell me there was no supervisor double checking the order to make sure the store had everything it needed?  And worse, the Lead doesn't work on weekends--just Monday-Friday.  Also on a busy Saturday (Labor Day weekend Saturday at that), you only schedule one person in the daytime (me) and one person in the evening.

It just looks bad.  I couldn't even argue with the customer who said, "Who only schedules one person during the day and not have enough product?"

It was just very trying.  I had to utilize an outlet for all the aggravation, so although I was feeling a bit weary, I still made the journey to the gym.

Warm Up: Leg Lifts/Balance

Target Areas:

Machine Used-Fly:  I did 3 sets of 12: 2@30 and 1@50.  

Observation:  I was kind of amazed that I could pull of the 50lb. weights.  I am not sure whether it was adrenalin rushing or if it was because I slightly adjusted the span to where it felt less awkward.  I will keep it on this to see for next workout.

Machine Used-Seated Row:  I did 3 sets of 12: 1@40 and 2@55.  I believe I will stay put for now, since I am feeling significant resistance at 55 lb. Weights.  

Machine Used-Overhead Press: 3 sets of 12; 2@20; 1@30.  I lucked out by being able to get the machine that had 10 pound increments.

Machine Used-Arm Curl (no bar):  3 sets of 12: 2@30, 1@50.  Staying put for now, although probably the next 2-3 settings, I will start using the curl machine with the bar attachment.

Machine Used-Arm Extension:  3 sets of 12: 2@40, 1@50.  I will stay put with this arrangement for the time being.

Machines Used:  Leg Curl and Hip Abductor

Leg Curl:  I performed 3 sets of 12: 2@50 and 1@70.  I will stay put at these numbers for the time being.

Hip Abductor:  I did 3 sets of 12:  1@90, 1@110, and 1@130.  I think I will keep the 130lb. weights in play.  This configuration is interesting.

Machine Used: Ab Crunch (lever:Abdominals):  I wanted to incorporate the 50lb. weights, so I did 1@30/1@40/1@50.  The strain is still intense at 50lb. weights, so I may just opt. for 1@30 and 2@40 or 2@40 and 1@50.  

Additional Machines:
Torso Rotation:  I'm on my usual 6 sets of 12--4@70, 2@90.  I'm going to give myself about a week or two, then adjust it to 2@70, 4@90.

Ab Coaster:  3 sets of 12, 40lb. Resistance (I am strongly considering increasing this to sets of 15 rather than sets of 12, but we will see what happens.)

Cardio/Cool Down:
Bike:  I did a total of 18 minutes, allowing 3 minutes for Cool Down and the rest the actual workout.  I am noticing I can exercise on the upright bikes better than the reclining ones.  

Elliptical:  I increased my workout time from 5 minutes to 6 minutes.  Adding in 2 minutes for cool down, it was a total of eight minutes.  

I am playing around with doing half elliptical and half treadmill.  We will see how the experiment pans out.

Treadmill: I was able to do 27 minutes.  No adjustment on incline (1.5) or increase in speed (3.4).  

Again, I missed out on doing the Hydromassage bed, although in hindsight, perhaps I should have, for I felt the effects hours later.


No comments: